[ECOS] Cortex-M1/3 SysTick/RTC

simon.kallweit@intefo.ch simon.kallweit@intefo.ch
Thu Sep 11 15:18:00 GMT 2008

I had a quick look at the ecos clock system. The clock is usually
implemented using a timer interrupt in the variant or platform code.
With the Cortex-M1/3, we have a SysTick timer which belongs to the
architecture itself. I think we should use the SysTick as the clock
source. The STM32 additionally provides an RTC, but I guess this should
be implemented as a Wallclock driver, right? A quick look over the
wallclock interface showed that there is no function for setting wakeup
alarms. Is this functionality defined elsewhere or is it missing?

Concerning the system clock interrupt. Why is it called
CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_RTC? This can be a bit misleading, but I guess has
historic reasons.

Simon