[ECOS] Re: configtool with multiple repositories

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Tue Oct 28 13:45:00 GMT 2008

On 2008-10-28, simon.kallweit@intefo.ch <simon.kallweit@intefo.ch> wrote:
> I just discovered the hidden ecos feature of multiple repositories. This
> is a really nice feature that solves quite a few problems in a clean way
>:) Anyway, the only problem seems to be the graphical configtool. It
> complains about the multiple directories specified in the
> ECOS_REPOSITORY env variable. Does anybody know of a fix, Or do you guys
> just use the ecosconfig tool combined with hand editing of the config file?

I don't use configtool, but neither do I hand-edit config
files. I use the ecosconfig "import" command in shell-scripts
with here-docuements containing CDL fragments setting the
values I want to set.  That way you have something that
documents exactly what settings are not at their default
values.

--
Grant