[ECOS] Re: Cortex-M3 interrupt handling & context switching

Simon Kallweit simon.kallweit@intefo.ch
Tue Oct 7 08:55:00 GMT 2008

Keith Ross schrieb:
>> Simon Kallweit wrote:
>> ... I'm again faced with the proper implementation of interrupt
>> handling and context switching. I'm still a bit puzzled, and would
>> really appreciate some help, if anyone knows a bit of the Cortex-M3
>> architecture and the ecos kernel. I would like to use the Cortex's
>> feature of saving/restoring some of the processors state
>> automatically when entering/leaving exceptions (namely pc, lr, r12,
>> r0-r3)....
> Sorry Simon, I've had a look at the manual and your code. But I
> haven't written any code.

Ok.

> I'll continue to plod though it but without JTAG I can't check any
> code. The people from ST could be well placed to do this bit (?) or
> maybe one of the people who put there hand up for the cortex port in
> the past.

I see. The current situtation is that I'm the only one activly working
on the port. The people from ST are just starting to get up and running
with ecos, and I guess it will be a few days until they can start
contributing. As we need to progress with the port (my company) I'll try
to do as much as I can to get it working, hoping to get some reviews and
support from the community. I think that I start to get the big picture
together, and can start implement and test bits and pieces and see where
it goes. I'll try to keep the list updated with what I do and hope for
some responses, I'm really glad for anything that comes back :)

> Simon,  your code outline sounds good. I'll look into this a little more.

Thanks for the comment.

Simon