[ECOS] priority of main thread

Robert Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:53:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:02:54 +0100, Robert Brusa <Bob.Brusa@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:57:31 +0100, Jonathan Larmour
> <jifl@ecoscentric.com> wrote:
>
>> Gary Thomas wrote:
> ...cut....
>>
>> Actually it only gets started from cyg_user_start() if the user enables
>> CYGSEM_LIBC_STARTUP_MAIN_INITCONTEXT. But that is only the default if
>> there
>> is no eCos kernel at all.
>>
>> Otherwise (in the more normal case), it is created and started from a
>> static constructor. So overriding cyg_user_start() makes no difference.
>>
>> To answer the poster's question, the priority is set with the
>> CYGNUM_LIBC_MAIN_THREAD_PRIORITY configuration option in the
>> CYGPKG_LIBC_STARTUP ("ISO environment startup/termination") package.
>>
>> Jifl
> Thank you all for your help. "no eCOS kernel at all" That was the point.
> Somehow, the configuration I was working with was broken. This went
> unnoticed, because I run config with the -i option, because my system
> uses a 25 MHz crystal and this was considered illegal sometimes earlier
> (but now is perfectly ok according to the data sheet). Anyway, I got
> tired looking at the ever same error message about this quarz - and
> stopped looking at the output. And voilà - it caught me!
> Again - thanks for all your help.
>     Robert

The problem is not so simple: I went back and created ecos.ecc from the
original CVS (ecos-2.x downloaded in June 08). The config commands used
are then:
ecosconfig new at91sam7xek default
ecosconfig add CYGPKG_IO_FLASH
ecosconfig add CYGPKG_IO_SPI
ecosconfig -i tree
ecosconfig --verbose check
make

When inspecting my ecos.ecc I find the "configuration broken"-message. I
change from the default ML-scheduler to the bitmap schedule. The
broken-message persists:

cdl_option CYGSEM_KERNEL_SCHED_BITMAP {
     # Flavor: bool
     user_value 1
     # value_source user
     # Default value: 0
     # Requires: !CYGPKG_KERNEL_SMP_SUPPORT
     #     CYGPKG_KERNEL_SMP_SUPPORT == 0
     #   --> 1

     # The following properties are affected by this value
     # option CYGPRI_KERNEL_SCHED_IMPL_HXX
     #     Calculated:   CYGSEM_KERNEL_SCHED_BITMAP  ?
"<cyg/kernel/bitmap.hxx>"  : CYGSEM_KERNEL_SCHED_MLQUEUE ?
"<cyg/kernel/mlqueue.hxx>" : CYGSEM_KERNEL_SCHED_LOTTERY ?
"<cyg/kernel/lottery.hxx>" : "!!!-- Configuration broken - no scheduler
selected --!!!"
     # component CYGSEM_KERNEL_SCHED_TIMESLICE
     #     Requires: !CYGSEM_KERNEL_SCHED_BITMAP
};

I do not understand this message. Could someone please explain me its
meaning - and what to do about it. Thank you.
    Robert