[ECOS] priority of main thread

Robert Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:06:00 GMT 2008

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:57:31 +0100, Jonathan Larmour
<jifl@ecoscentric.com> wrote:

> Gary Thomas wrote:
...cut....

> Actually it only gets started from cyg_user_start() if the user enables
> CYGSEM_LIBC_STARTUP_MAIN_INITCONTEXT. But that is only the default if
> there
> is no eCos kernel at all.
>
> Otherwise (in the more normal case), it is created and started from a
> static constructor. So overriding cyg_user_start() makes no difference.
>
> To answer the poster's question, the priority is set with the
> CYGNUM_LIBC_MAIN_THREAD_PRIORITY configuration option in the
> CYGPKG_LIBC_STARTUP ("ISO environment startup/termination") package.
>
> Jifl
Thank you all for your help. "no eCOS kernel at all" That was the point.
Somehow, the configuration I was working with was broken. This went
unnoticed, because I run config with the -i option, because my system uses
a 25 MHz crystal and this was considered illegal sometimes earlier (but
now is perfectly ok according to the data sheet). Anyway, I got tired
looking at the ever same error message about this quarz - and stopped
looking at the output. And voilà - it caught me!
Again - thanks for all your help.
    Robert