[ECOS] Re: How to separate the embedded binary in 2 binaries to separate driver source and application source

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Mon Nov 17 18:17:00 GMT 2008

On 2008-11-17, Emmanuel Coullien <coullien.emmanuel@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) How is possible to get two binary with the eCos development
>    tools (For example is it possible to use REGIONs to tell
>    the application where are flash or I2C drivers) ?

Link the two binaries separately.

> 2) Is someone have ever done a such"driver binary"

Yes -- though not in eCos.

> or have ever separate the binary in two way in the eCos
> development process and call functions from the application
> which are in an other binary ?

Sure.  That's how it currently works when applications make
calls into routines that are in RedBoot (and vice versa).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm totally DESPONDENT
                                  at               over the LIBYAN situation