[ECOS] When or on what condition does "deschedule" happen?

ariga masahiro ariga@link-lab.co.jp
Fri May 23 07:38:00 GMT 2008

Hello,

In order to measure the time of cyg_thread_delay,
I tried to insert next codes at the top of timeslice_main( void )
function in timeslice2 test.

diag_printf("10 SEC Start !3\n");
cyg_thread_delay(1000);
diag_printf("Finisyed !3\n");

But appeared next error.
[cyg_net_init] Init: call_route_init(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Done
10 SEC Start !3
ASSERT FAIL: <1>mlqueue.cxx[286]void
Cyg_Scheduler_Implementation::rem_thread()
Idle thread trying to sleep!
ASSERT FAIL: <1>mlqueue.cxx         [ 286] void
Cyg_Scheduler_Implementation::re
m_thread()                                                      Idle thread
tryi
ng to sleep!

I searched old mailing list and found next information.
-- below is from old mailing list
Re: Idle Thread trying to sleep - Error Source

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 05:54:59PM +0200, Antoine Arlaud wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> My debugger displayed the following error :
> Assert Fail. void Cyg_Scheduler_Implementation::rem_thread(). Idle
> Thread trying to sleep!
>
> What kind of action can be the source of this error ?
>
> Is it because there is potentially somewhere a wait condition on the
> main thread ?
> What else ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Regards.
>
> Antoine ARLAUD

Stack overflow is the normal problem. Turn on stack checking or make
the stacks bigger.

    Andrew
-- old mailing list end

I would like to increase Stack.
But looks like many Stacks,and I do not know which Stack and how to increase
it.
I am sorry but please teach me how to increase which Stack.
Thanks in advance.

Masahiro Ariga