[ECOS] When or on what condition does "deschedule" happen?

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Mon May 19 13:18:00 GMT 2008

> My question is last part of Deschedule when ThreadC resumes execution.
>
> Am I correct in assuming that among your conditions, only two conditions
> should be fullfiled to make it possible
> for ThreadC to resume execution ?
> 1.When the thread blocks.(How does scheduler recognise this ?)

Blocking calls are part of the OS and the scheduler knows about them.

> 2.When a thread exits.
>
> If ThreadA does not finish and enter looping state,then isn't there any
> way for ThreadC to resume execution ?

Nope. The highest priority runnable thread always runs. All high
priority threads need to finish doing what they are doing before a
lower priority threads get to run.

         Andrew