[ECOS] Consolidation of MPC555 serial drivers

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Fri May 2 17:54:00 GMT 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 09:58:09AM +0100, Steven Clugston wrote:
> I would like to try to resolve some issues with the ec555 and cme555
> serial driver.

Just to be sure... We are talking about the interrupt driver serial
drives:

packages/devs/serial/powerpc/cme555 and
packages/devs/serial/powerpc/ec555.

> If I was to create a patch to create a generic mpc555 out of the
> existing drivers in cvs, is there any chance that this would be accepted
> into cvs?

I think all that is needed is small changes to the active_if of one of
the drivers and remove the other.

> If so, where do I post the patch, to this list?

ecos-patches would be better.

For something this simple we should not need a copyright assignment.
However if you then want to submit patches to fix problems you then
probably do need an assignment with FSF. Please take a look at:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/assign.html

        Andrew