[ECOS] Re: eCos on Qemu recommendations?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Sun Mar 16 02:35:00 GMT 2008

On 2008-03-14, Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote:

> I'd like to test some application code by running eCos on a
> Qemu target (either IA32 or ARM).  Googling for eCos+Qemu
> didn't find any detail info, but it did appear to indicate that
> there were people running IA32 eCos on Qemu.
>
> If anybody has run eCos on Qemu, would they care to describe
> the target/template/settings that they used?

The ancient "pc" redboot binary image in CVS boots up fine in
Qemu, but doesn't recognize any of the Ethernet interfaces that
Qemu can simulate.  Interestingly, when I do the "ping"
command, redboot segfaults (virtually, I mean).  I thought I
had run across some more recent image files somewhere, but I
can't find them...

I'm going to try to build a "pc" target RedBoot, but in the
meantime, does anybody have a "pc" redboot binary they want to
make available that supports one of the network cards supported
by Qemu?  The cards that are supported are:

 ne2000 (pci)
 ne2000 (isa)
 pcnet
 rtl8139