[ECOS] AT91SAM7X256--flash can not Initialise?

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Wed Mar 12 11:29:00 GMT 2008

>> Are you using combined FIS and CFG in one flash block? The flash
>> blocks are too small for this.
>
> yes,the default option is on and if I turn if off the redboot doesn't work!

Define "does not work".

> The block size of the flash is 256 Bytes, and I have assigned 8 blocks to
> hold the information.

How did you define 8 blocks? Redboot only supports one block for FIS
and one for CONFIG.

> ATMEL has provide tools to program the *.bin to the internal flash but
> sometimes I still need debug my drivers alone.
> Can the MDK implement that function ?
> If I remove the redboot  how can I build the eCos ROM application which
> directly boots without using a boot loader?

Redboot is an eCos ROM application which does not require a bootloader.

Just keep the CYG_HAL_STARTUP value at its default of ROM and your
application can then be put directly into flash at 0x00100000 and it
will boot.

     Andrew