[ECOS] ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Wed Jun 25 11:10:00 GMT 2008

Yong Chen Tan wrote:

> Hi, I got some doubts regarding the multi-threading.
> I experience some problems when i do multi-threading.
> The thread seems to stuck at the scanf function. Is it normal? Are there ways to solve this problem?

What's the source of your input?  Notice that the default console (haldiag) does
non-interrupt I/O (in fact with interrupts disabled) and will definitely block
all other threads from running.

If you want interruptable console I/O, you'll need to enable the serial drivers.
Check the archives for lengthy discussions on this point.

> Is eCos multithreading - cooperative or preemptive?

Preemptive.