[ECOS] Re: make: *** *#@!: No such file or directory. Stop.

Dave Lawrence dlawrence@ad-holdings.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 23:54:00 GMT 2008

Preston, Ralph A. wrote:
>> XP.
> similar

>> Tool

>> such
>> Did you do Build -> Generate Build Tree first?
>>
>> I've just tried building the target without a build tree, that's
>> definately the error you'll get.
>
> The steps I follow are:
>
> Open the ecos.ecc file.
> Check Tools -> Path -> Build Tools... is correct.
> Check Tools -> Path -> User Tools... is correct.
> Build -> Generate Build Tree.  Status bar at bottom says Ready.
> Build -> Library.  Receive error message.
>
> My next step is to reinstall the libraries on a clean computer.  If
> that doesn't work I'll try creating a Linux VmWare image and install it
> there.

Clearly make is reporting that it can't find the directory ecos_build,
so I'd first check that is being generated by the build tree process.

One thing that springs to mind - is your make.exe the correct one?  Try
make --version
which make

Even if the above return the correct info (it needs to be a Cygwin build
of make to understand those paths) your configtool may be running in a
different environment to your Cygwin shell.  To ensure the configtool
and the command shell's envionment are the same launch the tool from the
shell:
configtool &

Hope that helps..