[ECOS] Re: make: *** *#@!: No such file or directory. Stop.

Dave Lawrence dlawrence@ad-holdings.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 08:11:00 GMT 2008

Tom Deconinck wrote:
> eCos is known not to build on Cygwin due to the fact that Cygwin is a
> moving target and not all tools function expected.
> Your best bet is to use a Linux development host.
> See the list archive, this has been addressed before.

Builds fine for me and all my colleagues under Cygwin.

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Preston, Ralph A. <rpreston@mitre.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just starting using eCos and am attempting to run the
>> configuration tool, configtool-060710.exe, using Cygwin on Windows XP.
>> Checking through the list archives I found someone else had a similar
>> problem but their fix doesn't seem to be working for me.
>>
>> The problem is running Build -> Library in the eCos Configuration Tool
>> produces this output:
>>
>> "make -j2 --directory
>> "/ecos-c/ReadyFlow/4205_1.5/ecos/nonkernel/ecos_build"
>>
>> make: *** /ecos-c/ReadyFlow/4205_1.5/ecos/nonkernel/ecos_build: No such
>> file or directory.  Stop."

Did you do Build -> Generate Build Tree first?

I've just tried building the target without a build tree, that's
definately the error you'll get.

>> I'm using the latest version of the configuration tool from
>> eCosCentric.  Running "mount" under Cygwin produces this output:
>>
>> C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (textmode)
>> C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (textmode)
>> C:\cygwin on / type system (textmode)
>> c: on /ecos-c type user (textmode)
>> c: on /ecos-c type system (textmode)
>>
>> If I remove all mounts (umount -A) and then re-start configtool it
>> recreates the "c: on /ecos-c type user (textmode)" mount point.
>> However, it still has the same build error.

I've found the name of the mount points to be unimportant.  It'll still
work if you call you mount point "/fred".