[ECOS] delete athttpd from official eCos repository?

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Mon Jun 16 14:14:00 GMT 2008

Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> The athttpd stuff in CVS HEAD is hopelessly out of date.
>
> I'd like to see it either deleted from the official repository or
> brought up to date, I don't care which.
>
> The current CVS HEAD athttpd can only give athttpd undeserved flak.
>
> The problem is of course that nobody steps up to the plate
> to do all the work that is required to be able to update
> athttpd in the official eCos repository.
>
> The latest athttpd version is at www.ecosforget.net

If the code is acceptable (and assignable!) for eCos, why not
just send a patch?  It's not that we're not interested, we
just can't do all the work (nor can we take responsibility
for things like the copyright assignments, etc)