[ECOS] run-tests in configtool

Robert Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 13:09:00 GMT 2008

Hi
Using configtool on my debian etch system, I built an ecos and tests using
the defaults for the AT91SAM7X-EK board. Then I click on run-tests and
configure configtool to download using tty1 (where the serial debug-I/F of
my board is connected). The output I get in the status column of the
summary register of the "run tests-view" alway reads "NoResult". I did the
tests with several programs - alsways "NoResult" and this in no time!

I then checked the serial i/o on tty1 with an oscilloscope and found: No
download and no answer from the board. I also checked the interface by
sending characters with minicom. The I/F is ok.

Then I changed the download interface to 192.168.0.21:2001, the address
and port where my BDI2000 is connected. I launched wireshark, set its
filter for this address and run again a test. Wireshark did not detect any
packets to/from the BDI2000.

My first question: Why does configtool not tell me that it has no contact
with the target. After all, there is a time out specified and it should at
least hang until this timeout has elapsed. Thank you for your helpful
answers and regards.

Second question: How can I fix the problem and run these tests?

Robert