[ECOS] generating host tools fails

Robert Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 07:16:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:16:46 +0200, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 03:02:03PM +0200, Robert Brusa wrote:
>> Hi
>> I downloaded ecos from the anonymous CVS to /opt/ecos/ecos-2.x (on a
>> debian etch PC)
>
> Version 2.0 is very old. I would suggest downloading the anonymous CVS
> sources.
>
> However this will not fix your TCL problem. See the mail archive, it
> has been discussed a few times.
>
>     Andrew
Yes, 2.0 is old. What I am using is the most recent version from anoymous
CVS, obtained by using the command:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos

I assumed that this is the most recent version, but because I do not know
which one it is, I nicknamed it version 2.x.

With respect to the TCL problem: In the meantime, I configured a eCOS
(default)system to start with. Are the updated tools really mandatory or
can one simply use the old ones without (later) problems? I will also
check the archives (I have already done so, but found nothing so far. I
give it another try)
Thanks and regards Robert