[ECOS] FW: Re: [ECOS] bugs in AT91 Ethernet driver

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Sat Jun 7 14:06:00 GMT 2008

Hi Juergen

I would like to start cleaning this up for inclusion into CVS.
This is going to take a few iterations. I think some of your changes
can be done in better ways.

Attached is two patches for the first iteration. This fixes the
receiver SG bugs and allowing the PHY driver part to be
removed. Rather than your PHY_PRESENT i changed to
CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_PHY. If you remove this package from your
configuration, the PHY parts in the if_at91.c will not be compiled.

First apply to a clean checkout the two patches in this order:
if_at91_1_phy.diff
if_at91_9_rest.diff

The second one will give some warnings like the following, but it is
OK:

$ patch -p0 < ~/if_at91_udiff2.txt
patching file src/if_at91.c

The first file contains the changes for PHY and RX SG. The second file
is the rest. Please test this still works for you.

I guess the iterations will be:
1) CYGINT_IO_ETH_INT_SUPPORT_REQUIRED
2) TX buffer descriptor changes
3) TX from sram

1) should be easy.

2) i think there must be a cleaner way to do this. You get an error
each time which to me sounds wrong and i don't like the b_reset_tbd_id
flag you added etc.

3) is going to be interesting, since it is only required for devices
with an external bus. We probably need to add a macro to the HAL which
we pass the tbd to so it can mangle it.

   Andrew