[ECOS] Problem with loader call using arm-elf-gcc

Robert Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 16:16:00 GMT 2008

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 09:21:46 +0200, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:

>> Hi Andrew and Bart
>> both of you are right. I plan to go for eCOS, but firstly I want to
>> build, run and debug a simple program. Just to make sure these tools are
>> doing what I intend them to do. Read: That I understand how to handle
>> these tools. Obviously, the task is more intriguing than I anticipated
>
> Well, you could skip this and just use eCos. The eCos tools will then
> work, so long as you use them in the eCos way..... Do you actually
> need to understand all this to do productive work? If using eCos is
> your goal, to me it makes more sense to spend time learning about
> eCos, its API etc, than how the toolchain works in some situation you
> are not going to be using anyway.....
>
>     Andrew
Andrew - you are right. I lost another few hours to install tools,
libraries etc - only to fail when making my arm-elf-gcc. The recipes that
come with the source packages are not exactly for beginners...
Have a nice weekend and many thanks Robert