[ECOS] Problem with loader call using arm-elf-gcc

Bart Veer bartv@ecoscentric.com
Thu Jun 5 14:13:00 GMT 2008

    > arm-elf-gcc -g  -nostartfiles -Wl,--gc-sections
    > -T"../at91lib/boards/at91sam7x-ek/at91sam7x256/flash.lds" -o
    > bin/My5-at91sam7x256-flash.elf obj/board_cstartup.o obj/main.o
    > obj/stdio.o obj/dbgu.o obj/pio.o obj/board_memories.o
    > obj/board_lowlevel.o

You are using the wrong argument to arm-elf-gcc: you should use
-nostdlib, not -nostartfiles. In the absence of -nostdlib the linker
will try to use the standard newlib C library instead of eCos, and
that library has been stripped from the eCos toolchain build to reduce
the download size. You also appear to be using a non-eCos linker
script, which will also cause problems. Please read the eCos User's
Guide to find out how applications should be linked with eCos.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                                   eCos Configuration Architect
eCosCentric Limited    The eCos experts      http://www.ecoscentric.com/