[ECOS] Re: In trouble of timer operations

ariga masahiro ariga@link-lab.co.jp
Thu Jun 5 06:14:00 GMT 2008

Hello Paul,Andrew and others,

Thank you,Paul,for valuable suggestion.
I re_calculated by toggling LED and measured signal's duration on
osilloscope.

result
(1) only used cyg_thread_delay(2)                -- 20.2millisec
(2) cyg_thread_delay(1),cyg_thread_delay(2)      -- 30.1millisec
(3) same as (2) except changed cyg_thread_delay(2) to
yg_thread_delay(20)  -- 212millisec
(4) only used cyg_thread_delay(20)               -- 201millisec

I am confirmed in thinking that since CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_DENOMINATOR=100, system
clock is running 100Hz,1 tick perid = 10millisec,and if I wish to run system
clock 200Hz I should change CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_DENOMINATOR to 200.

But according to your mail, it raised another puzzlement.

> However, you won't find it out very easily with diag_printf, because it
> probably takes longer than 10ms to execute.

At first,I couldn't get it. Because if diag_printf takes over 10ms, simply
calculated results ought be longer,
but on the contrary it took far shorter than expected.

So I deliberately inserted
HAL_CLOCK_READ1(&start);
diag_printf("id=hi 0x%x\n",start);
in above each test(after led_toggle function) and investigated how it
affects duration time.
To my very astonishment as far as looking signals on osilloscope there are
no differences !
Two functions takes no time at all as far as looking to signals.

Can you resolve this wonder.
Please enlighten me.

Masahiro Ariga