[ECOS] scheduling on eCos (with synthetic)

Bart Veer bartv@ecoscentric.com
Tue Jun 3 10:27:00 GMT 2008

    jjp> I'm working on the synthetic target (Fedora core 8) and I
    jjp> create a program that have 2 threads (A and B). In thread A I
    jjp> try to modify the execution flow of thread B (e.g. to
    jjp> simulate a signal without cyg_hal_sys_[ kill | procmask
    jjp> |...]) and I have several questions :

    jjp> 1) Where eCos scheduler (on the synthetic target) store saved
    jjp> data of threads that are not currently runnning?

    jjp> 2) Is it possible to get those informations with kapi?
    jjp> Thanks for your future reply.

1) in this area the synthetic target is no different from any other
   target.

2) there is no kernel API for this. The closest you can get is to
   enable CYGVAR_KERNEL_THREADS_LIST and then use the C++ functions
   Cyg_Thread::get_list_head() and Cyg_Thread::get_list_next(). You
   can then access the thread objects directly, but you will need to
   look at the kernel headers and sources to make sense of it all. Be
   aware that the kernel internals may change at any time.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                                   eCos Configuration Architect
eCosCentric Limited    The eCos experts      http://www.ecoscentric.com/