[ECOS] flash-support on AT91SAM7

Robert Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 07:52:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:34:45 +0200, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:

>> I have read the documentation you provided the link for - but I still do
>> not understand how to use these functions. I also have seen the
>> definition of externC - but I do not understand its meaning or how it
>> works. Furthermore, I can not locate in my eCOS a file flash.h - all I
>> have is <pkgconf/devs_flash_at91.h> - and this looks rather empty :(
>
> Have you added the generic flash packet?
>
> ecosconfig add flash
>
> The flash code in eCos is split into two part. There is the hardware
> specific part, which you have already found for the AT91. There is
> also a generic part which is hardware independent. You will find this
> in packages/io/flash.
>
>    Andrew

It seems that this second part is missing in my configuration. I find the
stuff in my repository at the place you said, but my configuration tool
does not provide access to these files ([graphical] eCOS configuration
Tool 2.0, May 9 2003 09:51:10) - at least I could nowhere find it. Do you
recommend using an other config-tool? Is this graphical tool not quite up
to the job?

	Robert