[ECOS] flash-support on AT91SAM7

Robert Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 16:24:00 GMT 2008

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 19:25:14 +0200, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 05:38:33PM +0200, Robert Brusa wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> How do I access the flash-routine provided in eCOS?
>
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/ecos-flash-library.html
>
>         Andrew

Hi Andrew

I have read the documentation you provided the link for - but I still do
not understand how to use these functions. I also have seen the definition
of externC - but I do not understand its meaning or how it works.
Furthermore, I can not locate in my eCOS a file flash.h - all I have is
<pkgconf/devs_flash_at91.h> - and this looks rather empty :(

When I simply use one of those routines, eg. as follows:

	flash_erase(EEPromBottom, EEPromArea, &eradr);

I get a warning "implicit declaration of function flash_erase".

When I preceed the statement with externC, the compiler produces an error:
Severity and Description	Path	Resource	Location	Creation Time	Id
parse error before numeric constant	IFW1	EEProm.c	line
150	1216656494404	1476

Is there an example anywhere available which could help me (an eCOS-NEWBI)
to grasp the essentials? Thank you.

	Robert