[ECOS] Sockets Problem

jawad rehman jawadsmail@gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 08:44:00 GMT 2008

Hi there,

I have a problem in making communication possible between client and
server application. Actually i have configured

red boot on the Microsoft Virtual PC and using i386-elf-gdb to load
the binary image of the application to the red boot.

I am using the following commands for doing this;

target remote 192.158.1.50:9000

load server.exe

The application loaded on the red boot is a server application which I
take as an example from the tests folder found on the following
location;
ecos\ecos-2.0\packages\net\common\v2_0\tests

Now I try to connect a client application( running on the Cygwin)
with the application loaded on the red boot but the client application
is not capable

to connect with the server application.

I thing the problem is with the TCP protocol stack which I need to be
configured so that a proper IP is assigned to a socket based
application when

try to run on the red boot.I have tried to print the IP address from
the server application when it was running on the red boot for
debugging purpose, it is always 0.0.0.0.

I need help in, what I can do that proper IP address is assigned to a
socket based application when try to run on the red boot so that I can
connect the client

application  running on the Cygwin with the server application running
on the red boot. Your help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for anticipation.
Note: The IP address I have configured for the red boot is
192.168.1.50 and using a port 9000.