[ECOS] Any method, to track the cyg threads continuously, and if any hang on a thread?

Jürgen Lambrecht J.Lambrecht@televic.com
Thu Jan 24 07:47:00 GMT 2008

You can get this thread info, see documentation:
/* typedef struct */
/* { */
/*     cyg_handle_t        handle; */
/*     cyg_uint16          id; */
/*     cyg_uint32          state; */
/*     char                *name; */
/*     cyg_priority_t      set_pri; */
/*     cyg_priority_t      cur_pri; */
/*     cyg_addrword_t      stack_base; */
/*     cyg_uint32          stack_size; */
/*     cyg_uint32          stack_used; */
/* } cyg_thread_info; */

Also with the webserver, you can then http to the board and see thread
information.

Jürgen Lambrecht
R&D Engineer
Televic Transport Systems
http://www.televic.com
Televic NV / SA (main office)
Leo Bekaertlaan 1
B-8870 Izegem
Tel: +32 (0)51 303045
Fax: +32 (0)51 310670

srinivas naga vutukuri wrote:

>Hi,
>
>          I am just looking for information, that to track the
>cygthreads, and in particular if any hang happenened over a particular
>thread,

a thread that hangs blocks the application; a simple run led can show
this; a thread that hangs should trigger the watchdog.
you can also profile your code with gprof; see documentation