[ECOS] FreeBSD stack running out of MBUFs

Chad Handrich chandric@weldtechcorp.com
Mon Jan 21 19:20:00 GMT 2008

I am developing an ecos application that is sending and receiving many
UDP packets at a very fast rate.  Shortly after the high-volume network
activity begins, I see the following statement:

warning: eth_recv out of MBUFs

Once I get this message, there seems to be a short lull in activity from
the ecos application, and then a sudden spurt of network activity, then
another lull (with another warning message), followed by another spurt.
My application will not function correctly with these lulls.

I am using the FreeBSD network stack.  I attempted increasing the memory
for "max number of open sockets" and "MBUFs memory size" in the
"configtool", but I still get these messages.

I'm stuck.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad