[ECOS] pragma pack

Bernard Fouché bernard.fouche@kuantic.com
Wed Jan 9 14:51:00 GMT 2008

First try reorganizing your structure to have the biggest item at the
beginning, that will avoid 'loosing' intermediary bytes:

typedef struct {
   cyg_uint16 timestamp;
   cyg_uint8 command2_byte;
   cyg_uint8 data3;
   cyg_uint8 data4;
} pelco_pattern;

Your target may also require that all items have to be 16 bits aligned
(that would explain whyt #prama pack(1) gave nothing). In that case try,
as you are not looking for speed:

typedef struct {
   cyg_uint16 timestamp;
   cyg_uint16 command2_byte_and_data3;
   cyg_uint8 data4;
} pelco_pattern;

With 16bits alignment you should fall back to a 6 bytes data structure, but you'll need code to manage 'command2_byte' and 'data3', so this will add to your program size, as it will slow processing.

Hope it helps!

  Bernard