[ECOS] blib node allocation problem with FAT FS

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Wed Feb 27 18:15:00 GMT 2008

> I think the block change will work with any IDE driver. The IDE Block
> size is 512 but by changing the size to 32768 you read write multiple
> blocks at one time. This makes the throughput much faster especially with
> DMA mode.

It would make sequential access faster. But you have reduced the
number of cache blocks by a factor of 64. So an application which is
doing scattered random writes will suffer since there will be a lot of
cache flushing going on, and most of the writes will be redundant
since only a small number of bytes in the big block have been changed.

So it is a trade off between sequential and random access.

I would suggest making this a CDL option so it can be configured for
your specific needs.

     Andrew