[ECOS] Thoughts on how to get support for threads w/hardware debugger

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Fri Feb 8 10:40:00 GMT 2008


I've been thinking a bit about how I could get support for threads
in a hardware debugger( qfThreadInfo, qsThreadInfo packages in GDB
server).

My thought on this would be to write a GDB server
wrapper that would run on the developer PC and would work with *any*
JTAG debugger, not only OpenOCD.

Basically this GDB wrapper server would present a GDB server to GDB
and talk to the hardware GDB server.

I was thinking about adding this to the Zylin Embedded CDT plugin, which
would allow me to write that in Java, reducing work involved. I already
have a tested GDB server in Java lying around.

Has anyone done any work on this? Thoughts?


--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com - eCos ARM & FPGA  developer kit

--
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss



More information about the Ecos-discuss mailing list