[ECOS] How to get Ethernet link status?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Tue Dec 16 18:19:00 GMT 2008

What is the official method used to get the link status of an
interface (up/down, 10/100/1000, full/half duplex)?

I don't see any hooks in the Ethernet driver API.  Are drivers
supposed to export that info as global variables somehow?  Are
they supposed to provide a global function to call?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! My BIOLOGICAL ALARM
                                  at               CLOCK just went off ... It