[ECOS] adding a package to ecos (redboot)

Shah, Amit amitshah@xgtechnology.com
Wed Dec 3 23:19:00 GMT 2008

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the reply. I have created the cdl file and its present in the
devs/eth/asix/ax88796/current/cdl/ folder. Is there some file where I
need to add the version information? Where should I rename current into
V1.0?
Thanks
Amit Shah

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Laabs [mailto:martin.laabs@mailbox.tu-dresden.de]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 1:58 PM
To: Shah, Amit
Subject: Re: [ECOS] adding a package to ecos (redboot)

Hi,

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 19:28:37 +0100, Shah, Amit
<amitshah@xgtechnology.com> wrote:

[...]

> package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ASIX_AX88796 {
> 	alias 		{ "SMSC AX88796 ethernet driver"
> ax88796_eth_driver }
> 	hardware
> 	directory	devs/eth/asix/ax88796
[...]

> ecos.db, package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ASIX_AX88796: warning
>     Version subdirectory `current' does not have a CDL script
> `smsc_ax88796_eth_drivers.cdl'.
> ecos.db, package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ASIX_AX88796: warning
>     This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.

You should locade your cdl script into
devs/eth/asix/ax88796/current/cdl/
whereas "current" is the version and cdl the subdirectory for the cdl
script. If you have a version 1.0 later you can rename current into V1.0
or something like that. (I think there is a naming convention for
version
numbering)

Greetings,
 Martin