[ECOS] bool cdl_options

Simon Kallweit simon.kallweit@intefo.ch
Wed Dec 3 16:51:00 GMT 2008

Gary Thomas wrote:
> Simon Kallweit wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there a simple way to have bool cdl_options output a "#define
>> OPTION_NAME 0" when the option is disabled?
>>

> What's wrong with using
>   #if !defined(OPTION_NAME)
>
> That's the basic intent; boolean options are either defined
> or not (they have no value)

True, so true. I'm in the process of porting the newest lwIP and they
want their boolean defines either to be 0 or 1. I have done the
following in the lwipopts.h:

#define PAP_SUPPORT                defined(CYGFUN_LWIP_PAP_SUPPORT)

But this will give me "undefined reference to `defined`" compiler errors
in some rare places, as the PAP_SUPPORT define is not cleanly
substituted into a boolean value. I can do a construct like

#ifdef CYGFUN_LWIP_PAP_SUPPORT
# define PAP_SUPPORT               1
#else
# define PAP_SUPPORT               0
#endif

but I hoped there was a better way to accomplish that.

Any ideas?