[ECOS] unable to locate Tcl header file tcl.h

Sergei Gavrikov sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:07:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 05:24:00PM +0200, Christian Jaeger wrote:
> Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
>> I managed Tcl config issue as
>>
>> http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2008-03/msg00011.html
>>

> Thanks.
>
> If I understand you correctly, you mention two solutions in your
> referenced email:
>
> (a) set the TCL_INC_DIR environment variable.
>
> (b) apply the patch you've given.
>
> I've done (a), which made configure succeed, but make ran through in
> less than a second and make install only installed *one* file. I'm
> pasting the full output at the end of this mail.
>
> Then I've done (b), but I'm not sure how to regenerate the configure
> file, I've tried this:
>
> chris@novo:/home/chrisarm/src/ecos-cvsgit$ patch -p1 < _patch
> patching file acsupport/acinclude.m4
> patching file acsupport/ChangeLog
>
> chrisarm@novo:~/src$ cp -a ecos-cvsgit E
> chrisarm@novo:~/src$ cd E
> chrisarm@novo:~/src/E$ autoconf configure.in:194: warning:
> AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS: you should use literals
> ../../lib/autoconf/status.m4:919: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS is expanded from...
> configure.in:194: the top level
> chrisarm@novo:~/src/E$ echo $?
> 0

Don't mess up eCos build tree by auto* tools...

cd E
vi +84 README.host

I use the way (a) just to build eCos _configtool_.

mkdir -pv build ; cd build
TCL_INC_DIR=<your path> ../host/configure <your options>
make && make install

You assume that eCos configure conform with GNU coding standard, so,
look at http://www.ecosforge.net/pmwiki/index.php/Projects/Hosttools

Sergei