[ECOS] JFFS2 needs approx 72B of RAM per file

Jürgen Lambrecht jurgen.lambrecht2@telenet.be
Mon Apr 7 23:20:00 GMT 2008

Hello to ecos-discuss and especially linux-mtd,

Tests have revealed to me that jffs2 does not only need raw nodes in RAM
(I use CYGNUM_FS_JFFS2_RAW_NODE_REF_CACHE_POOL_SIZE to have this
statically), but also "eats RAM" per file in flash.
I want to remove this allocation, but I don't know if this is possible,
what are the disadvantages....?
(my basic problem is that I have not enough RAM on my board, but it is
too late to change HW for the running projects)

After reading some jffs2 documentation, I think that my problem is the
inode cache?

Kind regards,
Juergen Lambrecht