[ECOS] jffs2 write in 4kB blocks over the network?

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Mon Apr 7 14:37:00 GMT 2008

Markus Schaber wrote:
> Hi, Gary,
>
> Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

>>> Besides what Jürgen wrote, it also depends on how your FTP program
>>> buffers, which parts it writes in a single write call, and when it
>>> syncs/flushes buffers.
>> It still doesn't matter because the file system and/or JFFS2 will
>> be buffering it to suit their needs.
>
> Do you really say that JFFS2 on eCos ignores calls to fflush() & co?
>
> So then it is unusable for every application that needs transactional
> consistency.

I'm sure that this is not the case - the FLASH should be consistent
after a flush.

Tha5 said, this discussion should really be on the JFFS2 mailing
list, since they'll be able to better answer the questions
and concerns.  Try taking it to linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org