[ECOS] Are copyright assignments detrimental to eCos?

Chris Zimman czimman@bloomberg.com
Fri Apr 4 15:46:00 GMT 2008

> You could contribute it back if you wanted to, but you would have to
> rebase the patch to the open anoncvs tree, not eCosCentric's tree. But
> in some respects it does not necessarily help you. You want the
> patches in the next tree you get from eCosCentric as part of your
> support contract and there is no guarantee eCosCentric will pull the
> changes from the open anoncvs tree into there eCosPro tree. So you end
> up contributing it to both to get the most advantage out of it.

That wasn't really the point I was trying to make.  I have chosen not to put
it into anon CVS at the moment because eCosCentric may want to offer it as
part of eCosPro.  I think, at some point, they will release an updated tree
for anon CVS.

If I were to release it, I would probably just fork the tree anyhow.

--Chris