[ECOS] Are copyright assignments detrimental to eCos?

Jiri Gaisler jiri@gaisler.com
Thu Apr 3 22:40:00 GMT 2008

Using LGPL does not require you ship your firmware as
object files and link later. My understanding of LGPL
is that you can ship proprietary core linked with LGPL
code, without having to open-source the proprietary
code. It is only the modifications of the LGPL code
you must publish, which is exactly what we are after.

Jiri.