[ECOS] Re: Entropy gathering?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Thu Apr 3 20:00:00 GMT 2008

On 2008-04-03, Jay Foster <jay@systech.com> wrote:

> A colleague implemented something like this by creating a
> function that could be called from various places at random
> times, such as the ethernet driver (ether_input()), serial
> port modem signal changes, etc.  The function would read the
> HAL microsecond clock value and write the lower 16-bits to
> /dev/random.  After a pre-determined number of such events,
> this function would stop writing to /dev/random and simply
> return.

Where's the source for /dev/random?

I spent quite a while searching through the source tree for
random-number resources yesterday and never found it.  I just
grepped through ecos.db and through all the filenames in the
source tree and didn't get any hits on the string 'random' or
'RANDOM'.  I also grepped through all of the c/c++ files and
never found the string '/dev/random'.  It seems to be well
hidden...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm having a RELIGIOUS
                                  at               EXPERIENCE ... and I don't