[ECOS] Can't download sources by CVS

ariga masahiro ariga@link-lab.co.jp
Thu Sep 13 05:58:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

Please help me next problem.

I have been trying to download sources from anonymous CVS repository
by next command.
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos

After command input,followning short wait period,
begin downloading and outputting log on cygwin shell window.
But little time later,it stops and never return to shell prompt.

I tried several times and I am confirmed it always stops at the same log
posion.
I tried shell command and WinCvs but both cases stops at the same point.
Also I tried to use "ecos-full" as module name,like next.
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos-full
But it also stopped at the same position.

-- next is last part of log when stopped
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/edb7211_redboot.ecm
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/edb7211_redboot_ROM.ecm
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/edb7212_redboot.ecm
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/edb7212_redboot_ROM.ecm
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/edb7312_redboot_RAM.ecm
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/edb7312_redboot_ROM.ecm
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/edb7312_redboot_ROMRAM.ecm
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/i2s_audio_fiq.S
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/i2s_audio_test.c
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/kbd_support.c
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/kbd_test.c
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/lcd_panel_support.c
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/lcd_support.c
U ecos/packages/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/lcd_test.c

I checked and found copied repository lacks many folders.
I tried almost whole day and resulted same stopping.
I became dubious whether is there any trouble in CVS server ?
Or can you spot any trouble ?

Please help me revise ecos sources.

One more point.
I read on a Web site that someone experienced the same trouble,
and he said succeeded using SmartCVS.

I never used SmartCVS,but I installed and
I tried to use SmartCVS but it requests to enter server name of anonymous
CVS repository.
Although I several times tried but couldn't connect to ecos CVS server.
If you know how to set server name of anonymous CVS repository
would you please let me know ?

Masahiro Ariga