[ECOS] I2C Driver not initializing

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Tue Sep 11 14:15:00 GMT 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 04:06:30PM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Would anyone happend to know what i'd have to do for a driver to init ?
> I've linked my i2c init function to the generic i2c interface but my
> specific function is never called. I don't think the I2C interface
> init function is called anyway, i supposed it would happen
> automatically after configuring I2C in the ecos config tool but this
> isn't the case.

Is this a I2C device driver you have written yourself? Or is it one of
the existing device drivers?

What do you have in the cdl file for the driver?

compile       -library=libextras.a my_i2c.c

Im wondering if the linker has throw the driver out because it is not
being used. By adding the -library=libextras.a the linker cannot throw
it away.

   Andrew