[ECOS] Reg- Cross compilation of Redboot

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Tue Oct 30 11:22:00 GMT 2007

R.J.Sivakumar wrote:
> Dear Support,
>          As we are trying to cross compile the redboot bootloader for our
> custom board of IMX31 using ecos configuration tool,its giving compilation
> error when we use freescale toolchain provided in the IMX31 LTIB BSP.
> But it succeeded in compilation when we used arm-elf toolchain provided in the
> ecos tool itself, but bin or elf file resulted in that is not executing in
> the custom board. Whereas the default mx31ads_redboot.bin is executing in the
> custom board and get strucked in the SDRAM location of 0x87f0062c and
> 0x87f1ebc0.
> So, we are doubting with the toolchain.Please give us suggestion to resolve
> this issue and also help us where the major modification will be present in
> the bootloader for the custom board.
>
> Error report when built using  freescale BSP toolchain is attached.

I've already told you (via private email) that you *must* use the arm-elf
tools - you cannot use the arm-gnueabi tools.

If FreeScale thinks you can build RedBoot for this platform using only
their gnueabi tools, ask them how.