[ECOS] wxWidgets tool

Tom Malcolmson Tom@Malcolmson.com
Mon Oct 1 19:52:00 GMT 2007

Gary Thomas wrote:
> Tom Malcolmson wrote:

>>> I just have a lot of crashing issues, when I go to create a build
>>> tree, the tool crashes, when I try and save the config, the tool
>>> crashes. I was going to look into those and hopefully submit some
>>> patches. We are going to be using the tool quite a bit at work and
>>> would like to stabilize it a little more (other people have seen the
>>> crashing issue as well). I'll submit what I come up with.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> I get a lot of crashes as well (on WinXP), so anything you can do to
>> 'stabilize' is appreciated.
>>
>> I noticed some patches available here:
>> http://www.xylanta.com/WordPress/?page_id=22
>> including one to make it work with wxWidgets v2.6.
>>
>> I'm not clear on where the 'official' home of the tool / latest version
>> is?  And whether the wxWidgets version also depends on cygwin?
>>
>> Perhaps the tool should be moved to something like sourceforge.
>>

> Why?  All eCos tools and ports live in the same CVS tree:
>   http://ecos.sourceware.org/anoncvs.html

Yes, true.  My concern was that the status of the tool seems a bit
confusing, but I guess a different location wouldn't help.

Is there a location for builds that correspond to the code in CVS?

I got my version of the tool from the ecoscentric website.

Just recently, I noticed the Xylanta versions which appear to be more
recent, but I take it that their changes are not in the CVS tree.  They
have build as well as patches available on their site.

Perhaps over xmas I could work on upgrading it to the wxWidgets v2.8.6
and one of the better MS compilers.  I believe it currently compiles
with VC6 which is very non-compliant.  It would be good if the source
could compile on GCC or VC7.1+.

Tom.

Tom.