[ECOS] Host Tools Build Problem - Fedora 8

Sergei Gavrikov sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 20:26:00 GMT 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 10:45:49AM -0800, Jay Foster wrote:
> Thanks, Gary.  I can now report success in building the ecosconfig tool.  I
> needed to install the TCL and TK development packages (yum install
> tcl-devel, yum install tk-devel).  The --host error was happening in the
> gprof configure directory, which I don't need, so I only ran configure in
> the host directory which worked.  Turns out it worked with the
> --host=i686-linux-gnu and without, producing the exact same executable
> either way.

$ .../configure --with-tcl-version=8.4 ...

to force a change of arch. set, it seems, you can build the stuff as

make CFLAGS="-march=i686" CXXFLAGS="-march=i686"

or

make CXXFLAGS="-march=i486 -mtune=pentium4" ...

etc.

$ ls -1d /usr/lib/i{3,4,5,6}86*

Sergei