[ECOS] Ethernet Communication

Alperen Coskun a_a_coskunoc@hotmail.com
Mon Nov 12 10:39:00 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I have two boards running ECOS and I want to create a communication between them via ethernet interface. I'm using UDP sockets. One will send a character buffer in a loop and other will receive it in a loop. (I think everything is clear till here) I wrote a server program and put it in one of the board. I write a client program and run it on Linux. Everything worked as I expected.

BUT, when I put the client program to the other board, everything exploded. If the buffer is sent only one time, no errors occur. But, using it with a loop, client is sending the buffer and server is receiving it but only for 5 times. Then, a 'sendto error' occurs. I examined example programs such as 'udp_lo_test.c'. All the things are same but I didn't understand where the error is. (It gives different errors, ENAMETOOLONG, EHOSTDOWN, sometimes bind error etc.)

Could anyone give a suggestion to me?

Regards...
Alperen