[ECOS] networking support for my eCos application

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Thu Nov 8 21:05:00 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 03:00:59PM -0500, C B wrote:

> > Yes, I would definitely suggest that you update to the CVS tree
> > (release 2.0 is nearing 5 years old!)
> >
> > Once you've done that, I'd also suggest that you try some simple
> > things. This sequence should work and generate a test that you
> > can try on your hardware:
> > % ecosconfig new eb9261 net
> > % ecosconfig tree
> > % make; make -C net/common/current tests TESTS=tests/ping_test
>
> Thanks for your help (Andrew & Gary).  I think I'm getting closer.
>
> I got the latest eCos from CVS and the latest configtool &
> ecosconfig from ecoscentric.com.  I copied the relevant hardware
> info from the ecos.db that I have to the one I checked out of CVS.
> I'm able to succesfully perform each of the commands above.
>
> But, when I try to compile and link my own code I still get these
> undefined references when I try to link with the eCos libs I've
> built:
>  >>> undefined reference to 'init_all_network_interfaces'
>  >>> undefined reference to 'eth0_up'
>  >>> undefined reference to 'eth0_bootp_data'
>  >>> undefined reference to 'inet_ntoa'

It sounds like you don't have the CYGPKG_NET package in your
configuration. However that would be strange, the net template always
includes it.

Do an

ecosconfig export foo.ecm

and post foo.ecm.

Also check that net/common/current/src/inet_ntoa.c is getting
compiled and it is in the library install/lib/libtarget.a

    Andrew