[ECOS] eCos on Windows without Cygwin

Chuck McManis ecos@mcmanis.com
Fri Mar 2 07:19:00 GMT 2007

I think I agree with some of the others that Cygwin, while a poor example
of a development environment for the Windows environment, its not
"required" per say. There are a number of virtualization technologies that
would let you run Linux side by side, and since in most shops you can't
throw a databook without hitting a turned of PC under some IT
administrators desk its pretty easy to through Debian or SuSE or your
favorite distro on it and use Samba to export the resulting images back to
your windows box.

So no, I don't agree with your premise that the sucky windows environment
is hurting eCOS. It would be interesting to have someone adapt eCos to an
Eclipse environment, especially configtool, that would rock.

--Chuck