[ECOS] Proper Thread Environment (was Re: [ECOS] SPI usage)

Chuck McManis ecos@mcmanis.com
Thu Mar 1 06:08:00 GMT 2007

Hmm, I'm getting closer, kind of.

At 04:06 AM 2/27/2007, Gary Thomas wrote:
 > Your problem is not with the form of your code; it's fine.
>The problem has to do with the console device.  The default console
>device is the debug device, normally provided by RedBoot via the
>virtual vector interface.  This interface is not interrupt driven,
>thus when you ask to read from it, everything comes to a grinding
>halt.  To avoid this, you need to set up your console stream to
>an interrupt driven device, which will require enabling the appropriate
>serial driver.

So after much trial and tribulation (why would ANYONE layout a 10 pin IDC
connector for a 9 pin serial port with pin 1 - 1, 2-2, 3-3, etc. It makes
using off the shelf IDC connectors impossible!) I've got a second serial
port on my box that I can talk to.

So how do I make *that* stdin/stdout (or their equivalent) for my
application? I'd like to maintain the flexibility of having the Redboot
serial port which I can connect to and run GDB on.

The documentation for the serial driver is not much help, I'm looking in
the C-library documentation at the moment but if someone knows off the top
of their head, please let me know...

--Chuck