[ECOS] about the i386-elf-gdb.exe

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Fri Jun 29 15:27:00 GMT 2007

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 02:57:51PM +0200, xiaolu zhao wrote:
> hi,
>
> When I want to use Insight GUI to do the debugging, why I can not get
> the graphic UI GDB, only the command-line interface?

Insight was removed from the build to make the distribution
smaller. Just compile gdb from source and it will include Insight by
default.

> And I also tried the command-line GDB. When I load the hello example
> to the target and implement the "continue" command, I can see the
> result "Hello, world!", but the program seem stop somewhere, I can not
> the breakpoints.

Embedded systems don't exit. They run until the power goes off or they
crash. Hello world is doing exactly what you would expect. Try using
^C to break in. Or set your breakpoints before doing continue.

   Andrew