[ECOS] how to check my modifications to the kernel without a board‎

xiaolu zhao deerxiaolu@gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 15:48:00 GMT 2007

 Hi, I met a big problem, would you like to give me some advices?

I did some modifications to the ecos Kernel code(like in sched.cxx,
thread.hxx etc.). But I have no a real hardware board. So I want to
use VMware as a virtual machine to see the results.Is it possible?

I tried the redbbot on the Vmware and the "hello.c" example works. But
after I modified the kernel code and rebuild the ecos using the
configtool, it did not give any compilation complaints. I know it is
impossible, there should be a lot of errors in the code. Does Redbbot
have nothing to do with the ecos kernel files?

If the redboot has nothing to do with the kernels, how can I check my
modificaiton to the kernel files with VMare?

Thank you so much in advance!!!